Our technologists will provide consultations, expertise, and recommendations for all of your pathology and histology research requirements.
- Whole body necropsy - this includes a complete physical exam of live and euthanized animals, collection of appropriate samples for additional analysis (e.g. blood for CBC), a systematic necropsy and recovery of any gross lesions for histologic or molecular evaluation. This includes digital macro imaging of any significant gross pathological findings and a report on these findings.
- Can be offered with or without perfusion (please note that digital macro images cannot be acquired for perfused mice).
- Organ specific dissection - this includes euthanasia, dissection of specific organs. No macro imaging or report is provided.
- Both whole body necropsy or organ specific dissection can be performed in RNase free conditions.
- Dissected tissues can be fixed in formalin, flash frozen in cryo tubes or frozen for histology in OCT.
- Mouse package - this is a comprehensive service that includes either full necropsy or organ specific dissection, digital macro imaging, grossing of tissues, tissue processing & embedding, microtomy, H&E staining, and a pathologist report with images of abnormal findings.
- Adult and embryonic tissue from genetically engineered mouse models of human disease
- Full range of histology services for veterinary (all species), and synthetic and industrial materials research. Able to work with formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue blocks, fresh frozen and fixed frozen tissues.
- Histochemical stains, over 80 routine & special stains
- Immunohistochemistry - Single and double chromogenic detection using Leica Bond autostainer for more reproducible staining.
- High resolution, whole slide scanning of brightfield or fluorescently labelled tissue sections. Objectives include 2x, 10x, 20x & 40x
- Olympus VS120 slide scanner can scan batches of up to 100 slides.
- Fluorescent filters for DAPI, FITC, TRITC, Cy5 & mCherry.
- Dark field and polarized light whole slide scanning capabilities (which can scan tissues containing nanoparticles)
- Provide image analysis. Please enquire for specific analysis capabilities.
- LacZ reporter gene expression staining including organ or embryo whole-mount staining and tissue section staining
- Phenotype investigation and characterization of juvenile and adult mouse tissue
- Specialized diagnostic and research histopathology of all organ systems in GEM models
- Morphologic studies in
- Oncogene or tumor suppression models
- Toxicity or infectious disease
Embryonic Lethal & Neonatal Death
- Detailed investigation of in utero death and neonatal mortality associated with:
- Timed-pregnancy with pre-determined embryo collection
- Gross and histological evaluation of organogenesis
- Comprehensive histopathology, diagnosis, and description of developmental defects
- Clinical chemistry analysis for 18 different analytes and LIH (lipemia, icterus, hemolysis) score on a Beckman AU480 Biochemistry Analyzer (special requests are also considered)
Read More about instruments
Volume of serum/plasma required shown in brackets () below. Add an additional 10μl (min.) for each sample to account for dead volume (dead volume requirement may vary if clots are present or hemolysis has occurred). Please see FAQs section for sample collection and preparation protocols and sample submission procedure.
- Cardiovascular panel: total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, direct LDL cholesterol, glucose (5μl each)
- Kidney panel: sodium, potassium, chloride (20μl total for all 3), blood urea nitrogen (5μl), creatinine (11μl), total protein (8μl), phosphorus (6μl), calcium (7μl), albumin (5μl)
- Liver panel: total bilirubin (16μl), alanine aminotransferase (8μl), aspartate aminotransferase (8μl), alkaline phosphatase (5μl)
- Blood and bone marrow collection for terminal mice including retro-orbital, cardiac puncture and tail vein blood collection (Wild Type Controls can be provided at an extra cost, please enquire)